TD&T16: Do we all agree on the purpose of D&T?
In this episode, I explain why I am interested in the different values people have of D&T.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Stephanie Atkinson’s paper ‘Design and Technology in the United Kingdom‘
- David Barlex’s John Eggleston Memorial Lecture ‘Dear Minister, This is why design and technology is a very important subject in the school curriculum’
- My writing about the value of D&T and my research can be found on the ResearchGate website
- A brief overview of my research can be found in Chapter 2 of the book Mentoring Design and Technology Teachers in the Secondary School
- What’s D&T for? Gathering and comparing the values of design and technology academics and trainee teachers.
If you listen to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, please take a moment to rate and/or review the show.
Thanks for listening!